- "Lots of blood and knives here, get the picture?"
"Beat it, punk, I'm taking over this joint."
- ―Aldo Trapani and Mikey Saleri[src]
Mikey Saleri was known to constantly attempt to inherit his boss' position, attempting to earn favour in his family by taking back territories lost in war. His violent methods only furthered him from his family, who consider Saleri to be something of a loose cannon. He worked the streets of Brooklyn and Little Italy mercilessly, and was one of the key Tattaglia Soldier's behind their push into LIttle Italy, he despised the Corleone's as cowards who talk big but lack the raw strength to hold their territory.
In the winter of 1955, he attempted to take back Emilio's Butcher's for his family but was killed by Aldo Trapani who broke his neck whilst attempting to muscle Brunetti in a back alley. His death earned Trapani praise from the locals, many of whom had received abuse from Saleri.
Behind the scenes
- Saleri appears in the The Godfather as one of Tattaglia's unnamed hitmen, but is only given a name in The Godfather: The Game, in which he is voiced by Bruce Robertson.
- He was easiest hit target, and began the Tessio Tattaglia Side Missions. He is also the one of the two targets without family protection, the other is Big Bobby Toro.
As Mikey was the first hit target, he is the easiest to hit. However, as you may realize, his strength is not the strength of a typical Tattaglia Soldier. As a hit target, his AI setting is far stronger than generic Tattaglia Soldier, he is actually as strong as a generic Tattaglia Underboss. Which is why he is harder to defeat than normal Tattaglias as he will receive less and give more damage, however since strangulation still counts as hand-to-hand combat, you can kill him with it. Or if you want to make sure a hand-to-hand victory, drain his health by strangling him before beating him down.
Players (Sal Tessio Hit 1):
Sal Tessio - Salvatore Tessio is a Corleone capo with a long and loyal past. He commands respect from everyone who works for him and he's tipped to become the head of his own Family at some point.
Mikey Saleri - Saleri is a low-level gangster with delusions of grandeur as he attempts to ruffle a few Corleone feathers and take over an operation you yourself extorted with Luca. He must pay!
Emilio Brunetti - The poor butcher has been a punching bag all winter, first at your hands, and now thanks to the overzealous Saleri. Even when he's rescued, don't expect much in the way of thanks.
- Saleri has the same character model as Marco Cuneo.
- Saleri, his homeboy Donnie Marinelli and Pietro Testa are the only hit targets that also appear in the storyline missions.
Notes and references
- The Tessio Hits Appear In "The Godfather: The Game" following Mission #6, which takes place in 1945. The Tessio Hits end when Tessio is killed in Mission #18 which takes place in 1955. Considering the player can kill Saleri in between those missions, it's safe to assume he died some time in between 1945 and 1955.
- The Godfather: The Game.