Carmine Rosato's family was a one of two splintergroup of the Rosato crime family, led and founded by Carmine Rosato. Carmine's ambition caused him to split from the Corleones following the death of Pete Clemenza and the refusal of his successor, Frank Pentangeli, to give them territory they felt was owed to them. Carmine Rosato's family color is orange.
Carmine called Dominic Corleone to have a sit down at Richie's Tavern to discuss the problems they have. Howerver during the meeting Carmine has Frank Pentangeli strangled with a garotte but he suvived. Frank was found half dead by the police and later took the matter to court and broke the omertà.
Furious about the set up, Dominic Corleone seized Carmine's remaning bussineses, killed all his made man and blew up his compound after executing Carmine himself, reclaiming Don of New York title that once belonged to his former boss Aldo Trapani.
Prostitution crime ring
Drugs crime ring
- Don - Carmine Rosato
- Caporegime - Norman Rossi
- Soldato - Jimmy Guidalatto, Franklin Credi, Clyde Lando
Behind the scenes
- Carmine Rosato's family only appears in the video game. In The Godfather Part II, there is no mention of him having his own family, but rather having a rogue faction with his brother.
- His family is also the only one that never fights against other families, because he is already killed by Dominic by the time the other areas are unlocked.
- Carmine is the only Don whom you can talk before executing him. He threatened Dominic that his brother, Tony, will hunt him down and make him pay.